Monday, March 05, 2007

Nothing is Mine, Everything is thine

The poet is back after a brief hibernation. The hiatus was due to the lack of an inspirational topic for quite sometime. A recent Poornima night in IIT-B campus brought words to my mind. I simply sat gazing at the full moon and was struck by it's grace ... The following lines came out spontaneously ...


Splendour of full moon makes a treat for my sore eyes,
"Who/What could have created it ?" I then soon begin to sigh,
Was it the stars, Was it the sun, A question my mind can't miss,
The scene makes me forget the creator, i simply revel in it's bliss ...

The night seemed dominating and tried to spread it's cloak,
The moon was mischeavous and tries to hide in the leaves of oak,
A celestial spectacle is created by a friendly tussle,
"Who wins at the end" is really an unsolvable puzzle ...

I had seen objects but nothing seemed as clean and white,
I only pray that the blind could see such a sight,
The moon is untouched and strives to remain pure,
For fools like me, it brings romance for sure ...

I rush to the room, to capture the cosmos in my lens,
Hoping not to lose it to the clouds, makes me soon feel tense,
But there's more to this picture, the poet soon begin to sense,
As the noise of crickets lends a beautiful rhythm to the silence ...

Soon Hours pass by and i simply spend time admiring it,
The movements around me doesn't bother me a bit,
For such sights, it is strenous to string a rhyme,
The only thing my mind seems to do is to thank the creator of THINE ....

Amen.

5 comments:

Aravindan said...

change the genre..write sth else..u know what i mean ;-)

K7 said...

@aravidan:

;-) There should be something else to write ...

The Career Mentors said...

Waugh! Waugh! kalakera da

P H Karthik said...

Nice poem Keshav!

K7 said...

@Karthik:

Thank you Sir ....